Thursday, April 28, 2011

World History is Important


Once upon a time, in a school far, far away (it really depends on where you live) there was a time. A time when I actually shared a class with one of my best friends. We had not shared a class since 6th grade and were excited to know that we had World History together. I was excited, "World History is important!", I had thought. I was right. My dear friend, Sarah, and I sat on opposite sides of the class, by the end of the year her side had become the Side-that-always-dies side, this did not matter. No matter how many times she was killed in a plague or a war, we always met up in the middle of the room.

This is the story of just how awesome those meet ups could be. One day me and Sarah met up in the middle of the classroom and just started talking. She was excited that she....that she....Oh, I forgot....but she was excited about something! Anywho, we were chatting along when she had become overwhelmed by the urge to dance her dance of happy. It is a spectacular bout of flailing that can only be done correctly by her. She waves her arms and jumps up and down by repeatedly switching from foot to foot. It makes me laugh.

In this period of time we were laughing about something else I do not remember and she started to dance. This of course pushed us farther into our laughing fit. Then, suddenly, the teacher who had been out of the class the entire time copying papers had returned! And had seen EVERYTHING. The resulting confrontation went like this....I am beginning to hate my laptop for it does not let the pictures and the text share. They must learn how to share! Well, the picture was supposed to be below this, but I hope you get the idea.

Then the teacher smiled while I was trying not to laugh, which was not working out, and just walked back to his desk. We then gave each other looks worthy of CIA agents. Not sure if that made sense, but the translation is that we communicated lots with looks of epic...ness. After we had recovered from the last bout of laughing we then sat down and I thought again, "World History is indeed very important.". For it had allowed me to learn how to...be a totally awesome dancer. Take that to prom!

No comments:

Post a Comment